The following scholarships are available to LMU music students:
- University Music Grants. Grants provide general financial assistance for LMU students participating in music activities. While initially established for chorus members, funds are now awarded vocal and instrumental students (majors and non-majors).
- George A. V. Dunning Music Scholarship. Established by George A.V. Dunning to provide financial assistance for students majoring in music especially in voice and piano.
- Truman Hutton Scholarship. Scholarships for music majors with an emphasis on string players.
- Amparo Iturbi Music. Scholarship fund established by Jose Iturbi in memory of his sister, Amparo Iturbi, for music majors, particularly those specializing in the piano.
- Nanette Salamunovich Goodman Scholarship. The recipient of this grant must be a member of the University Choruses and have a good scholastic record. Selection will be based on talent and dedication to choral singing and not on financial need. Recipient is normally a music major.
- Richard H. Trame, S.J. Scholarship. Established in memory of the former moderator of the LMU Choruses, this award goes to an outstanding member of the choruses who is also a music major.
- Halbert Blair Scholarship. Established in memory of voice instructor Halbert Blair, this award goes to an outstanding male voice major.
- Mastrovich Adams Scholarship. Part of the Adams Mastrovich Family Foundation Choral Endowment, these scholarships are awarded to outstanding members of the university choruses who have a strong GPA and financial need. Recipient does not have to be a music major or minor.
The music department recognizes graduating seniors with awards presented at the spring Student Soloists Recital.
- Outstanding Scholar Award. Officially awarded at the university academic awards ceremony, the scholar award is granted to the senior in the department graduating with the highest grade point average.
- Fr. Richard Trame, S.J. Award. Established in memory of this long-time friend and supporter of the Department of Music, the Trame medal is normally awarded to a male and female graduating senior music major who have shown outstanding comprehensive involvement in the activities, curriculum and performance of the Department of Music.
- Paul Salamunovich Award for Choral Excellence. Honoring Professor Emeritus and long-time Director of Choral Activities at LMU, the Salamunovich medal goes to an outstanding graduating senior who has exhibited exemplary participation in the LMU choruses throughout his/her time at the university. The award recipient does not have to be a music major.