Understanding the Historical Context
Students majoring in Art History should be able to:
- Demonstrate that they comprehend historical contexts for diverse artistic traditions.
- Exhibit knowledge of the impact of diverse cultural contexts on the production and understanding of artistic traditions.
Research and Critical Thinking
Students majoring in Art History should know:
- Method for analyzing works of visual culture, art and architecture within their appropriate historical, social, religious and philosophical contexts
- How to think critically and articulate clear ideas about visual culture, art and architecture and their historical and contemporary significance
- The necessary research and writing skills to formulate and articulate meaningful statements and documents on visual culture, art and architecture
The Power of Visual Culture
Students majoring in Art History are presented with the opportunity to value:
- The aesthetic, theoretical, and historical properties of works of visual culture, art and architecture.
- The power of visual culture to communicate deep human ideas and emotions.