Admission Requirements for the MFA Program in Theatre Pedagogy
- Bachelors degree from a 4-year university or college. A 3.0 G.P.A. or better is preferred. An undergraduate major in theatre arts or related discipline is expected but not required.
- One official copy of your college transcripts.
- TOEFL Score (for International Students) of 90 or better (with at least a score of 22 in all of the four sections of speaking, listening, reading and writing); or a minimum IELTS of 7.0 (with at least 6.5 in each of its four sections)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Current resume*
- A statement discussing why you are applying for the MFA Program in Pedagogy and what your goals are in regard to engaging in and completing this program.
- GRE scores are not required, but are strongly recommended.
* Please note that the applicant must have at least 5 years of professional theatre or film/tv experience. AEA and/or SAG membership is greatly encouraged.
- November 15: Preferred deadline spring semester admission
- February 15: Preferred deadline for summer or fall semester admission
*Note that our program accepts applications at any time for any semester; applications received by the deadlines listed above will receive priority consideration.