Adjacent to and north of the Burns Fine Arts Center is the Burns Annex. It houses the Department of Music's percussion studio and rehearsal room, workrooms for the Sinatra Opera Workshop, and Art Department offices.
Among the instruments in the percussion studio are:
- One set of four Adams Professional timpani
- One 4.3-octave DeMorrow marimba
- One 4-octave DeMorrow vibraphone
- One set of orchestra bells
- One drum set
- Additional sundry smaller instruments
The marimba and vibraphone were hand-crafted by instrument maker Doug DeMorrow (DeMorrowInstruments.com). The 4-octave vibraphone (c3 to c7) is something of a rarity, as standard vibraphones span only three octaves (f3 to f6).