CFA Academic Advisement Center for Student Success (AACSS)
The CFA Academic Advisement Center for Student Success is here to support CFA's undergraduate community through collaborative and comprehensive advising services as our students explore, navigate, and graduate.
Our academic advisors are available for scheduled or walk-in appointments to help you with routine academic matters, including questions about academic policies and procedures, tracking core requirements, transferring credit from other institutions, connecting with campus resources, as well as extra-curricular and study abroad guidance and more.
NEW! Check out our Career Planning Drop-in HoursMake an Appointment!
Location, Hours & Contact Info
Location: St. Robert's Hall, Suite 102
Hours: Monday - Friday, 7:30am - 5:00pm
Phone: (310) 338-5272
Virtual Drop-In Hours
No appointment necessary!
Mondays - Fridays, 12 - 1 p.m.
Take advantage of campus resources designed to help you achieve your academic, civic, and professional goals.
Whom to Call?
The new CFA Advisement Center does not replace your existing faculty advisor. We are an additional resource to help you stay on top of your academic progress. Not sure whom to ask? Here's a handy guide:
- Understand field of study in detail
- Make a major course plan
- Discuss interests within your major
- Identify research opportunities
- Discuss career goals and relevant internships
- Discuss career pathways
- Plan for graduate school
- Discuss study abroad
- Review and revise your graduation plan
- Help you craft a graduation plan
- Sequence core/major/electives
- Choose core classes
- Interpret your Degree Audit Report
- Analyze transfer coursework
- Plan for summer classes
- Semester registration troubleshooting
- Complete and submit academic forms
- Connect you with other campus resources
- Clarify university academic policies and procedures
- Provide guidance during academic probation
- Discuss and plan for study abroad
Make an appointment with a CFA advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is FERPA?
FERPA is the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act passed by Congress in 1974. FERPA is designed to protect the privacy of students by limiting third party access to student education records. It restricts what student information we can share, even to family members and friends. More info.