Study Abroad FAQs

  • Who are my primary contacts?
  • Which university office oversees study abroad?

    Engaging in some kind of international experience or domestic study beyond LMU while enrolled as an undergraduate LMU student can be a profound transformational experience. Students are encouraged to visit the Study Abroad Office, meet with their academic advisors, and ask questions at every occasion to learn about the many possibilities in this area.

    International experiences and domestic study beyond LMU include but are not limited to:

    • Academic-Artistic study outside of the United States for a semester (summer and/or Fall or Spring terms).
    • Immersion service experience through Alternate Breaks and Campus Ministry.
    • Immersion experiences (1-4 weeks) that pair with an academic LMU course.
    • Domestic study as an exchange student at a United States university: e.g., Spellman University.
  • Can I study abroad if I am a fine or performance art major?
    • Study abroad opportunities are generally open to everyone who meets the academic requirements, but some programs are geared toward specific majors.
    • Many study abroad programs offered by or through LMU will offer at least one CFA major class, and all offer at least one core option.
    • Careful planning with your academic advisor and the study abroad counselors will help you select a program that matches your interests and degree program.
    • In the case that a particular program or destination strongly appeals to your interest, yet does not include classes in your major, careful planning and flexibility may nevertheless make it possible to enroll in that program.
    • Summer study abroad trips are a good alternative for students whose academic, personal, or financial plans don't otherwise accommodate a semester abroad.